The Energy Educator will provide field support for targeted outreach and lead generation for small business utility customers. The goals of successful outreach are to (1) provide excellent customer service to prequalified utility customers; (2) build and strengthen relationships with local small business owners, as well as community partners; and (3) conduct comprehensive energy assessments including the installation of thermostats, sink aerators, and pipe wrap.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that successful outreach and program marketing is delivered to achieve program participation goals as well as weekly and annual key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Assist with developing outreach strategies to generate increased program participation
- Ensure that established daily performance goals are met through onsite visits and installation of energy saving measures including thermostats
- Report accurate results of outreach activity and installations using an infield database program
- Advise internal teams on any relevant program concerns and recommend changes to current procedures based on field interactions and customer feedback
- Work independently to conduct energy assessments. This includes travel to the homes/business, meeting with the customer, completing paperwork, and using a handheld tablet to input energy saving measures accurately, recommendations and interface with multiple databases and outlook interfaces.
- Perform energy assessments and record and install findings (e.g. insulation level, thermostat type, furnace efficiency, condition and water type savings) and download/upload the required forms and worksheets
- Provide and influence the Small Business owner to participate in the Program or Programs
- Ensure that client brand is accurately displayed via a uniform, print collateral, table displays, etc.
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or related field Training in maintenance, weatherization and/or energy efficiency principals and techniques including knowledge of thermostat installation.
- Sales experience
- Able to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices, Outlook Suite)
- Proven successful track record in motivated marketing and outreach efforts
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize activities, customer leads, and meet established goals and deadlines
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and handle a variety of activities concurrently
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to travel locally
- Problem-solver. Able to respond to a diverse set of challenges in the field and do whatever it takes to meet project deliverables on schedule while providing excellent customer service
- Current Michigan driver’s license and good driving record