We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a skilled insulation and weatherization crew chief. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of construction and building science, as well as strong technical abilities and practical experience installing insulation and air sealing measures in homes. The right candidate will have a strong desire to grow with the company and be committed to our goal of making an impact in the home performance contracting and energy efficiency market in the Midwest.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A solid career path, with in-house training program to further your skills/knowledge/certifications in other areas of building science.
- A positive work environment with an experienced team that strives to be the best and takes their work seriously
- Competitive pay and benefits plan
- Opportunity to grow in a fast-growing company
- High school diploma/GED
- 3-5 years of construction and/or renovation experience
- 3+ years’ experience leading residential insulation, weatherization and energy efficiency crews
- Ability to effectively work with others and to be part of a team
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including some later evenings and weekends
- Clear, effective communication skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices)
- Work independently and/or as a team member
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must pass extensive pre-employment national criminal background check and drug screening and have a valid driver’s license with at least three (3) year’s clean driving record
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installation of home energy conservation measures
- Weather strip doors and windows
- Seal rigid and flexible HVAC system ducts
- Prepare attics for insulation by installing baffles, flooring and system damming and attic rulers
- Air seal attic top plates and penetrations
- Install blown in attic insulation
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Using blowers and hose attachments, distribute insulation materials evenly into small spaces
- Fill blower hoppers with insulating materials
- Follow safety guidelines
- Equipment maintenance
- Site preparation and clean-up
- Check and stock service truck for daily duties.
- Inform management and team leads of status of work completed
- Safely and effectively operate light and moderately heavy maintenance and construction equipment
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
- Completes job sheet and related paperwork and inspection checklists, listing work done, materials used, time elapsed, time on the job, miles driven, etc. – Level II, III.
- Operates weatherization service vehicles (light to medium duty trucks)
- Other duties as assigned.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to perform the job.
This position reports to SEEL Regional Manager