Under the direction of the Utility Company's Energy Efficiency Assistance (EEA) program. Operations Manager, the Field coordinator will oversee the daily activity of assigned energy audit professionals, specifically for Utility Company EEA Program. The Field Coordinator will also conduct Utility Company Energy EEA energy audits, as well as supervise field Energy Auditors, ensuring the highest quality customer satisfaction on behalf of the client. Audits will may include assessment of building performance in depth data collection, interface with multiple databases, installation of energy saving devices, customer energy savings education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct morning crew meetings and encourage team interaction.
- Ensure that there are auditors available at all times to conduct daily Utility Company Energy EEA audits.
- Coach, advise, and mentor crews where appropriate.
- Ensure crews fulfill scheduled appointments by tracking real time progress for all visits.
- Measure and monitor Utility Company Energy EEA quality assurance and time management of all assigned crews daily..
- Handle all assigned customer complaints related to Utility Company Energy EEA activity.
- Replenish inventory in field as needed.
- Ensure auditors fully complete NEAT audit and product install information on their handheld tablets, the day of their visits
- Perform daily reviews all crew consultation and install information for accuracy.
- Measure and Monitor Consultants and Installers time and effectiveness
- Work as an auditor when needed.
- Review and approve all crew time off request.
- Performs related work as required.
- Preferred Building Performance Institute (BPI) analyst certification or HVAC installation and repair.
- Knowledge working in utility industry or with energy management programs
- Training in weatherization and energy efficiency principals and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in urban and rural setting with people of diverse background
- Exercises good judgment and maintains safety at all times
- Able to lead, motivate, be diplomatic, and build positive rapport with customers
- Communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Work independently and/or as a team member
- Able to work flexible schedule, including some later evenings and weekends
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach
- Able to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices)
- Current Kentucky driver’s license and good driving record a must
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screening
This position reports to Utility Company EEA Program Manager and oversees Utility Company EEA Energy Auditors
- 2 years prior supervisory experience
- Field experience in related disciplines including HVAC, HVAC-R, Building Sciences, or Energy Auditing.
- Able to work in very fast-paced environment and hold to deadlines.
- Problem-solver. Able to respond to diverse set of challenges in the field and do whatever it takes to meet project deliverables on schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively with subordinates, peers, superiors and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge and understanding of energy audits and the direct install measures
- 2 years prior supervisory specifically in related industry.
- BPI Certification - Building Performance Analyst The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to perform the job.