The Program Manager (PM) will lead the delivery of energy efficiency and direct installation services to utility customers. With a focus on program development and implementation, treating energy efficiency as a production resource. The PM will manage the daily operations of a weatherization program designed to support and educate customers. This includes managing the local team and handling communication with the operations team and the utility client. In addition, this candidate will have the capacity to support market transformation initiatives and other directives to improve the value proposition for energy efficiency within the team.
The PM needs to be a strong leader with solid experience and a passion for operations and achievement within the energy efficiency sector. Strong financial acumen accompanied by budget, client and staff management experience is also paramount to their success. The ideal candidate should possess field and relationship building experience.
This PM will also support the growing relationships established and bring new opportunities and resources to the table.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Manager is expected to be an accomplished team leader with outstanding project management skills and financial acumen. This person will be evaluated on their ability to deliver program scope on time and within budget. As a team leader, a strong command of staff, budget and client management strategies and methodologies for analyzing program performance is expected to fully execute our contractual deliverables. This leader will help develop tactical delivery plans, then coordinate and manage the implementation of a cost-effective energy efficiency program. Assist in establishing, managing and meeting both short-term and long-term financial targets.
- Lead the Operations team and position it for success by anticipating and delivering on our client’s needs
- Manage resources from cross-functional operations and overseeing project budgets to deliver the required amount of energy savings for our clients
- Oversee day-to-day operational program management to ensure client deliverables are met
- Manage organizational growth and risk through the adoption of thorough, efficient operational procedures including status reporting, staff meetings, operations reviews and dashboards and key performance indicators (i.e., KPIs)Effectively communicate with internal departments, including Marketing, Finance, Data, and Talent Management, to ensure projects are appropriately funded, resourced, and targeted to exceed client expectations
- Manage existing contract by developing and maintaining project budgets, high-level work plans, and deliverable schedules including work breakdown structures, resource labor budgets, and monthly client reporting
- Draft scope of work (i.e., SOW) documents for new or expanded business proposals as needed
- Communicate with clients through timely written project reports and facilitation of project team and client meetings
- Manage program tasks and work with team members in all of our offices to share information and resources, and develop project materials and tools
- Management and oversight of all aspects of efficiency initiatives including milestone delivery and deadlines, budget and P&L (i.e., profit and loss) financial management, timely task delivery, monthly client reporting, monitoring and summarization of program progress, and internal cross-functional team management.
- Preparation of reports for clients and management regarding project status
- Work in collaboration with the client account team to manage the expectations of all stakeholders
- Manage, develop and implement product marketing and lead generation activities to maximize ROI of program services
- Perform related work as required
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in project management, customer service logistics, energy efficiency, and/or electric technologies concepts and practices or related field
- Graduate degree in business, environmental policy, energy management is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience effectively leading, motivating, mentoring and developing teams
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in both client relationship management and team management
- Experience in lead generation marketing and financial analysis, strategic account management, business development and/or client relationship management is a plus
- Strong financial acumen with proven experience managing P&L and/or departmental budgets is required
- Self-directed with the ability to anticipate challenges within cross-functional, complex structures
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, matrixed work environment
- A “refuse-to-lose” attitude and passion for achieving business excellence with a sense of urgency
- Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills, including excellent presentation and public speaking abilities
- Ability to empower teams to greater success, with excellent hands-on mentoring and collaboration
- Experience developing, implementing and analyzing processes
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Proven ability to challenge traditional approaches with a focus on creativity and innovation
- Ability to analyze, interpret and synthesize data and information along with strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Familiarity with utility conservation programs is a plus
- Performing duties and attending events during the evening and on the weekend occurs rarely, but may be required
- Travel is expected 10-15 percent of the time
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test